Here we go.

13 April 2008

Beaming Heart Warm Love (a.k.a. The feelings I have for my cat)


Photos from another fantastic camping trip:
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
The crows ate KMHD's leftovers while we were sleeping:
pecking order
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=

I'm so tired & a little wind-burnt, but I am so satisfied!  We camped in a new space instead of our usual campsite #35, since the "lake view" side of Iron Mountain is closed.  Site #2, located on the "woods view" side, is spacious and comfortable.  We will definitely be back, sooner than later, and hopefully with a bigger crew!  
We were really lucky with the weather, the cold held back until we got home.  We need to get our camping stencil done!

Here's a prototype, we plan to make the crow a little more proportionate:
Photobucket
 

For those closest to me, they know that I love to cook and try different recipes all of the time.  Heck, all we do is sit around eating the food I cook!  Just recently, I made a tres leches cake for KMHD's birthday!  I made three cheese tortellini with chicken & alfredo sauce (from scratch, even!) on our camping trip!  I mean, c'mon!  I'm pretty good!  Look @ this no-shrink waistline, that's no accident!  I'm going to start posting photos and recipes, cooking is my 'thing', my craft.  A little showing off never hurt nobody!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
O.K.  I am reeeeally trying not to let these Sunday feelings take over -- let's just say that I'm inside the house, warm & cozy, and I know that Sunday feelings are on the front porch, wanting to be let in.  They are THAT CLOSE.  I wonder if flicking the porch light on & off will scare them off?  

I think it's that I dread work.  It's been hard & unfun lately.  I'm hoping that since it is now post-wedding for the law clerk, things will get back to normal.  Some days, it was a little tough covering for her when she had errands to do, dealing with Kilgore's strangeness, dealing with Lana's I-don't-even-know-what-you-call-it, or just having to be there all of the time with no chance of getting a little time off for mental health's sake!  We've got that trip to Seattle/Canada lined up, but that seems so far from now that it doesn't even feel real!  

I've been feeling real blue, too.  I'm one of those people that have a deep connection to the home, if it's unsettled, then I feel...well, awful.  It's hard to explain.  I know I'm not the one who has to move, but I think it's a real malady.  

Good grief, would you like some cheese with this whine?  

I'm done.

No comments:

Blog Archive